Monday, November 27, 2006

27 Nov 2006

TO ALL,

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was unique to say the least, it was the first time I have eaten my Thanksgiving dinner at Perkins Restaurant. It was very good - Gene and I both had the traditional Turkey dinner.

Well, I can tell you that we have a lot to praise God and give thanks;
  1. On 20 Nov I received my first HLA Platelets - not much boost at first, but as of today, my platelets are at 30,000. Still a bit off of the normal 150,000 - 375,000, but significantly greater than the 2,000 that I had on the morning of the 20th.

  2. Praise for the fact that I haven't had to go back into the hospital since the last time.

  3. Praise for a wonderful family reunion with my children on Sunday, 26 NOV, thanks to friends from Church for brining them up. They will be returning on 28 NOV - please pray for safe travels.

  4. Praise for all of you who have helped keep my children safe...what a relief you have provided me and Gene.

  5. Praise for the fact that the rash that covered over 75% of my body is now in remission.

I believe that I am making progress in the healing department, but I do still get very tired. God willing I will be able to leave Minnesota somewhere around Saturday, 02 DEC and transfer the remainder of my clinic care back to Madison. Please pray for me in the following areas;

  1. That my platelets and white blood cells continue to multiply.
  2. That the bone marrow biopsy that I am scheduled for on Wednesday will go smoothly and produce the results to show healing.
  3. That this weeks schedule continues as planned with out any unwanted surprises -
    • Tuesday - platelets - meet with the primary doctor to review my status
    • Wednesday - double infusion of platelets - bone marrow biopsy
    • Thursday - platelets.
    • Friday - meet with primary doctor review results and hear his decision if Gene and I come home as I mentioned above or need to remain for an unspecified period of time (not to exceed 100 days).

That is all I know at this point will post more as I know it.

Love in Christ

Cheryl and Family

No comments: