Friday, April 13, 2007

13 Apr 2007

To All,

I know it has been a while since my last update. As of 12 APR I have been out of the hospital and home enjoying my family time for THREE whole weeks.

Yes I still had to go to clinic twice a week for the various transfusions and other medicines as the doctors deemed necessary, but no matter how long of a day it was, I still got to go home.

As of 2 AM this morning (Friday, 13 APR), that all changed. Due to a bacterial infection in my blood I am back in the hospital. They have removed my PIC line and are pumping me full of anti-biotics.

Due to the amount of steriods I have been on it wasn't apparent that I actually had an infection, they tend to mask many of the sypmtoms. For the past two days I have had little to no energy and in-fact have slept almost the entire day away.

In clinic on Thursday, 12 APR, the doctor notice my lethargic attitude and took some blood samples to analyze. At approx 12:30 AM, Friday, 13 APR, the on call doctor called and told Gene that I had an infection and that he needed to bring me up right away. So he did and now you know the rest of the story.

Praise God for:
  • The doctors careful attention to detail - I thought I was just weak from all the medicine
  • The fact that Gene was home to take the call and deliver me to receive the proper care
  • That my children are strong and carry on even in my absence
  • The fact that many of you are still praying for me, my family and my illness - going on over two years now
  • The fact that I am still here to praise and worship a loving God

Please Pray for:

  • My emotional strength - I found if very hard to come back to the hospital
  • My physical strength and the courage to work towards rebuilding my body
  • My spiritual well being - that I may not falter in honoring God for his will is devine
  • that this will be a very short hospital stay,

My room phone number is (608) 267 - ####, my room number is B#/###.

May God bless you all

Love in Christ

Cheryl

No comments: