Tuesday, September 19, 2006

19 Sep 2006

Dear friends and family,

Praise The Lord! I am finally home. I arrived home about 6:00 Monday night. What a blessing to be home with my children.

I slept so well, since I wasn't awakened in the night to be weighed and temp. taken and all that jazz.

I have an appt. on Thurs for more platelets and whatever else I need. I have an appt. Tues. for another bone marrow biopsy (required by insurance) to make sure the leukemia is still in remission so we can move forward with the stem cell transplant (provided that it is approved by insurance).

Thank you for all your prayers, cards, e-mails, meals etc. We are so appreciative.

I have little to no energy and am tired most of the time. It is very hard for me to accept that I just can't do what I used to do, I keep telling myself "The most important thing is to get well"
My family is so supportative, doing the laundry, fixing meals, doing the dishes. It is great!

Here is a list of prayer requests:
1. The platelets will be readily availabe, since I have to have a special match now
2. The bone marrow biopsy will show I am still in remission
3. Acceptace of my current abilities
4. Strength for Gene, Michael and Emily

Thankyou so much for praying,
Cheryl for the Cummins family

No comments: