Thursday, October 5, 2006

5 Oct 2006

To All,

We know it has been a while since our last update, but we wanted to wait until we had some truly remarkable news to share with you. We know that you all have been praying for us, as the following results have come about from your prayers and God's blessing me:

  1. The insurance company wanted us to get a second opinion on what the continued treatment should be and recommended we go to Minneapolis, MN to the University of Minnesota Medical Center, which comes highly recommended by our current Doctor in Madison.
    • (quote from their web site - Blood and Marrow Transplant Services at the University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview has been at the forefront of blood and marrow transplant (BMT) advances since performing the world’s first BMT in 1968.)

  2. That my body is finally recovering from all the treatments and, even though I am still well below normal, as of today, my body is making it's own platelets enough that I will not need any transfusion in the near future.
    • The normal human body has between 160,000 - 375,000 platelets, I am currently at 12,000 which is much better than the 3,000 I was at about three weeks ago.

  3. That the Bone Marrow Biopsy that they performed two weeks ago showed me to be in remission at this time with no sign of the cancer cells.

Please pray for us in the following areas:

  1. On Monday I will be going through a full day of tests at the Minnesota Medical Center to determine what the next step should be - pray that God gives then clear direction and that they can start and finish treatment(s) soon - I am growing very weary.
  2. Pray that if I am to be treated up in Minnesota (MN), that the love of God will sustain my children in my absence and that God will not allow me to be away for to long.
  3. As Gene and I travel and/or stay in MN for a period of time at the medical center, pray that we will both be a strong witness of Faith, Love and Grace of our Lord Jesus.
  4. Pray that the cancer cells continue to remain in remission until final treatment and then will be gone for ever.
  5. Pray for a safe journey to and from MN.

First and foremost you should pray for and believe in Divine intervention and healing as God truly does have the power.

We will send out an update sometime next week when we know more.

Love in Christ

Cheryl and Family

No comments: