Friday, February 2, 2007

2 Feb 2007

Greetings and Salutations ( I just watched Charlotte's Web)

I had a bone marrow biopsy Monday in Madison. It was supposed to be done in Minneapolis, my experiences there with the biopsy have not been good, so my Doctor called to see if she could do it and send the results. I don't even have a bruise! She is amazing.

We got some of the results yesterday form the biopsy. My white blood cells are just starting to produce, there are some baby red cells that are trying to grow, very few platelets. Good news! My body has started producing, just a slow process. The best part is there are no leukemia cells present.

The DNA results aren't in yet. The goal is that I will have 100% of my sister's DNA, YIKES! where did I go? Just kidding she had been such a support for us during all of this.

I am still tired. I have the energy of a wet noodle. The Doctor said that is to be expected given the way my blood is producing. In the marrow there are places that are blank, they are supposed to be packed with blood cells and fat. Mine have patches like that, but I am confident that will change and I will be energized soon.

My brother is running a triathlon to raise money for the lymphoma, leukemia society, He has never done anything like this before-maybe he is a little loopy? anyway, if any of you are interested in watching his progress or donating to the cause let me know I can send you the e-mail about it. If you want to check out his web sight you can copy the address below and paste it into your browser "Address" line and hit enter. http://www.active.com/donate/tntne/tntneCHofroc

We will be going back to Minneapolis. We leave Mon. stop in Madison for platelets then on to MN. Our appointment is Tues. We will return Wed.

Please continue to pray:
*Pray for safe travel as we go to MN and as we go to Madison twice a week.
*Pray that my blood cells continue to produce
*Pray for endurance. This has gone on a long time , we are all growing weary
*Pray for Michael and Emily
*Pray for Gene as he juggles work, the guards and me-I'm a little heavy to juggle


Thanks for Praying
Love in Christ

Cheryl

No comments: