Saturday, March 17, 2007

17 Mar 2007

Hello one and all,

Thank you to all of you who have continued to pray for me and my family. God has heard your prayers and as of Wednesday the diarrhea has gone away and they have started taking me off of all the IV medications.

In addition, as of Friday they took me off of the IV feedings - Praise the Lord!!!! They are trying to get me back on oral medications and cut way back on the steroid. There is talk about trying to bust me out of this place sometime next week. They first need to confirm that my body is absorbing the medications that I am taking via pills.

Oh, yes, there is one more thing, they have now found another blood clot in my right shoulder. They are trying to figure out what to do about it - I hope it doesn't prolong my stay in the hospital.

Well, as we round out the end of my fourth week in the hospital I would ask that you pray for me and my family in the following ways:
  • Praise to the Father for stopping my diarrhea

  • Praise for the fact that I can now handle oral medications again - at least I think so

  • Praise that after 4 weeks of being away from my family and friends I may actually be able to come home

  • Praise for those in my church family that are working so hard to help my children

  • Pray that this blood clot will either be gone by a miracle of God or at least that it won't prolong my stay in the hospital

  • Pray for continued strength for my children in my absence - they both have been so strong and mature about everything.

  • Pray for a full recovery soon - I would dearly love to put this entire experience behind me

  • Pray for Gene's safe travels back and forth to Madison almost every day.

Thanks for the visitors and cards this week, it was so refreshing.

Just a note, my cleaning lady, the one who prays for me and with me everyday, in spanish (so I don't understand what she says - but it sounds beautiful), gave me a card with a wonderful verse on it

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak" Isaiah 40:20.



May God bless you and your family

Cheryl

No comments: