Thursday, March 1, 2007

1 Mar 2007

Hello to All,

Not a lot of new information. The picture shoot finished last night, but they won't have those results until Friday.

Today the Doctor told me that due to my continuing bout with diarrhea (day 16 or 17, I've lost track), they are going to keep me in the hospital another 3-4 days. By that time they should have more info back on the liver biopsy and have reviewed the 40,000 pictures. In addition, they are going to start providing me nutrition via IV they call it TPN (total parenteral nutrition). This will run for 10 - 12 hours once each day. As you might imagine, I am very weak and continue to lose strength.

My platelets have decreased from the astounding 82,000 Tuesday to 34,000 on Wednesday now to 17,000 on Thursday. As you might expect, they gave me another transfusion today. I am going to lay down and take a nap, as I am very tired.

Please pray that I will not be in here longer than the 3-4 additional days as I want to be home with my kids!!! I am very thankful I am not alone up here in the hospital, both physically (with Gene) and spiritually (with GOD), the later being the most important.

I will let you know more when I do.

Love in Christ

Cheryl

No comments: