Tuesday, June 5, 2007

05 June 2007

Hello To All;

To all of you who have been praying for me so faithfully, read and rejoice.

  • I have now been home 25 days - PRAISE GOD!!!!
  • The Doctor in Minneapolis was so surprised to see me and to see how well I was that he was in awe. He said he didn't expect to see me, and when he realized I was here, before he saw me, he expected to see me in a wheel chair. He just gave me a big hug and said that it is his opinion that I am on my way up and out. He said that unless the clinic at Madison gave him reason to see me again he didn't see any reason I needed to come back to Minneapolis.
  • The doctors in Madison have taken me off of insulin shots and reduced my daily steroid dosage.
  • Although my body is still not producing it's own platelets, it has stopped using them up so fast. As a result, I now only have to go to clinic in Madison once a week.
  • Each day I am growing stronger, at least twice sometimes three times a week, I am able to walk 1.5 miles (with Gene by my side of course).
    For the first time in several months, I was able to sit through both Sunday School and Church - I was very tired but I did it!

All of the things above are answers to your prayers and I thank you so much. As the doctor in Minneapolis said, I have gone through some very hard times and my body is recovering very slowly, but it is recovering.

At present, we still have a very good Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with me daily, while Gene is at work. She is wonderful and I am very thankful to have her assisting me. A physical therapist comes to our home twice a week to check on my progress and sometimes gives me new exercises.

My doctor in Madison told me I needed to get a stationary bike to exercise on. However, she said the only kind she wants me to use right now is a recumbent style stationary exercise bike. That is an exercise bike with a seat like a chair, I am still very weak when it comes to balance and she is afraid I would fall off of a normal bike seat.

For our Church Family, we are wondering if any of you have a recumbent stationary exercise bike that you would be willing to loan us for a couple of months. If you do, please contact Gene on his cell phone (608) 215-3651. If we haven't heard from anyone by the end of this week, we will by one, we found one at Sears for $199.

Please continue to pray, as I am not out of the woods yet. I know all of the good news, but I also remember that I was at this point May 2006. Please pray for the following:

  • Praise God for the healing that has and is occurring in my body.
  • Praise God for the generous hearts and hands of all of you who continue to lift me and my family up in prayer.
  • Pray that my body finally starts to make it's own cells and when that happens I will still be CANCER FREE!
  • Pray that I will regain my strength soon so that I no longer need to have a CNA present.
  • Pray that the pain and trouble I am having with my left hand / wrist will heal soon.
  • Praise God for the fact that my family and I are working to get back to a normal life.

One again I just want to thank all of you who are helping us in prayer, work around the house, meals, cards and letters, e-mails of encouragement, phone calls and visits. Your dedication and loving, serving hearts along with Gods grace are what has made this tough ordeal bearable.

Love in Christ

Cheryl

No comments: