To all of you who have been praying for me so faithfully, read and rejoice.
- I have now been home 25 days - PRAISE GOD!!!!
- The Doctor in Minneapolis was so surprised to see me and to see how well I was that he was in awe. He said he didn't expect to see me, and when he realized I was here, before he saw me, he expected to see me in a wheel chair. He just gave me a big hug and said that it is his opinion that I am on my way up and out. He said that unless the clinic at Madison gave him reason to see me again he didn't see any reason I needed to come back to Minneapolis.
- The doctors in Madison have taken me off of insulin shots and reduced my daily steroid dosage.
- Although my body is still not producing it's own platelets, it has stopped using them up so fast. As a result, I now only have to go to clinic in Madison once a week.
- Each day I am growing stronger, at least twice sometimes three times a week, I am able to walk 1.5 miles (with Gene by my side of course).
For the first time in several months, I was able to sit through both Sunday School and Church - I was very tired but I did it!
All of the things above are answers to your prayers and I thank you so much. As the doctor in Minneapolis said, I have gone through some very hard times and my body is recovering very slowly, but it is recovering.
At present, we still have a very good Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with me daily, while Gene is at work. She is wonderful and I am very thankful to have her assisting me. A physical therapist comes to our home twice a week to check on my progress and sometimes gives me new exercises.
My doctor in Madison told me I needed to get a stationary bike to exercise on. However, she said the only kind she wants me to use right now is a recumbent style stationary exercise bike. That is an exercise bike with a seat like a chair, I am still very weak when it comes to balance and she is afraid I would fall off of a normal bike seat.
For our Church Family, we are wondering if any of you have a recumbent stationary exercise bike that you would be willing to loan us for a couple of months. If you do, please contact Gene on his cell phone (608) 215-3651. If we haven't heard from anyone by the end of this week, we will by one, we found one at Sears for $199.
Please continue to pray, as I am not out of the woods yet. I know all of the good news, but I also remember that I was at this point May 2006. Please pray for the following:
- Praise God for the healing that has and is occurring in my body.
- Praise God for the generous hearts and hands of all of you who continue to lift me and my family up in prayer.
- Pray that my body finally starts to make it's own cells and when that happens I will still be CANCER FREE!
- Pray that I will regain my strength soon so that I no longer need to have a CNA present.
- Pray that the pain and trouble I am having with my left hand / wrist will heal soon.
- Praise God for the fact that my family and I are working to get back to a normal life.
One again I just want to thank all of you who are helping us in prayer, work around the house, meals, cards and letters, e-mails of encouragement, phone calls and visits. Your dedication and loving, serving hearts along with Gods grace are what has made this tough ordeal bearable.
Love in Christ