Friday, May 25, 2007

25 May 2007

Hello To All,

Well, here it is the end of May, Memorial Weekend on the threshold and I am still at HOME!!!! Praise God!!!!

I just realized it has been 14 days since my last update and thought I should send something out to let my faithful supporters know I AM MAKING PROGRESS!!

These past two weeks have just flown by. As I said in my last update, I would need to have a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) at home with me during the day while Gene was at work. Well, we were able to hire one and what a blessing she has been. It has relieved the stress level for Gene and the kids to know that I have someone looking after me during the day. Debbie, our CNA, is very attentive, works very hard and always has a positive word to say to encourage me to continue to work toward improvement.

I am still going to clinic for transfusions twice a week and I have in home physical therapy twice a week. I am making progress on improving my strength and overall well being. It helps a great deal to be home, where I can do my daily exercises and still be with my children.

I still have to be hooked up to an IV at night, that runs all night long. This is supposed to reduce the overload of iron my body has stored up in my liver.

On Monday, 28 May, I head back to Minneapolis for lab work and a Doctors appointment. I hope to hear what he thinks the best coarse of action will be for the future and what to expect. I am thankful that I am finally well enough to travel this far, although I think it will completely wear me out.

For those of you praying, please continue to pray:
  • For divine intervention and miraculous healing - I believe that if it is God's will, I can and will be healed in this manner.
  • For continued physical healing - that my body will get stronger each day. The progress is very slow, but I am making progress.
  • Praise for the progress I have made thus far and the fact that I have been home for two whole weeks now!!!!
  • Praise for all the wonderful cards, phone calls, e-mails, prayers, helping hands in other ways and visitors I continue to receive over this long ordeal.
  • That soon my body will start to build it's own blood cells and that when they do come back to 100% production they will be cancer free.
  • For me mentally and spiritually, that I remain positive and with a Godly focus. That my children will see the hand of God in all of this and learn to praise him for it.

I will try to get another update out towards the end of next week with any new updates I have from my trip to Minneapolis.



Love in Christ

Cheryl

1 comment:

pats2angels said...

Hi Cheryl,
I am not sure if you remember me or not. My husband Ron was in the hospital right around the time you were in and had a stem cell transplant on March 9th. Ron has written to you once on this a few postings back.

Ron is doing very good, but we are on here for you. I read your postings all of the time. How so very positive you are! That is so awesome to see. That is something Ron has tried to do since he began with his disease three years ago. He actually keeps me and our girls very positive. I think that being positive and believing in God is the most important thing to do during this journey that both you and Ron are going through. We think about you, Gene and your family all of the time. We will always keep you in our prayers and hope that God carries you through this. Especially on your trip to Minneapolis to see the doctor there. We will pray that you get your rest before and during your ride there and home.

I love reading your updates all the time. Keep them going, so that we know how well you are doing. Take care!

God Bless,
Ron and Pat Carlsen Family