Well, here it is the end of May, Memorial Weekend on the threshold and I am still at HOME!!!! Praise God!!!!
I just realized it has been 14 days since my last update and thought I should send something out to let my faithful supporters know I AM MAKING PROGRESS!!
These past two weeks have just flown by. As I said in my last update, I would need to have a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) at home with me during the day while Gene was at work. Well, we were able to hire one and what a blessing she has been. It has relieved the stress level for Gene and the kids to know that I have someone looking after me during the day. Debbie, our CNA, is very attentive, works very hard and always has a positive word to say to encourage me to continue to work toward improvement.
I am still going to clinic for transfusions twice a week and I have in home physical therapy twice a week. I am making progress on improving my strength and overall well being. It helps a great deal to be home, where I can do my daily exercises and still be with my children.
I still have to be hooked up to an IV at night, that runs all night long. This is supposed to reduce the overload of iron my body has stored up in my liver.
On Monday, 28 May, I head back to Minneapolis for lab work and a Doctors appointment. I hope to hear what he thinks the best coarse of action will be for the future and what to expect. I am thankful that I am finally well enough to travel this far, although I think it will completely wear me out.
For those of you praying, please continue to pray:
- For divine intervention and miraculous healing - I believe that if it is God's will, I can and will be healed in this manner.
- For continued physical healing - that my body will get stronger each day. The progress is very slow, but I am making progress.
- Praise for the progress I have made thus far and the fact that I have been home for two whole weeks now!!!!
- Praise for all the wonderful cards, phone calls, e-mails, prayers, helping hands in other ways and visitors I continue to receive over this long ordeal.
- That soon my body will start to build it's own blood cells and that when they do come back to 100% production they will be cancer free.
- For me mentally and spiritually, that I remain positive and with a Godly focus. That my children will see the hand of God in all of this and learn to praise him for it.
I will try to get another update out towards the end of next week with any new updates I have from my trip to Minneapolis.
Love in Christ