Tuesday, May 8, 2007

8 May 2007

To All,

Well, my eighth day in the hospital this stay is drawing to a close. I had asked you all to pray for me in specific areas last time and I am here to report that many of your prayers have been answered.
  • First, Michael is getting much better and has been on the anti-biotic long enough that he could come and visit me Sunday...what a joy!!!! Roger and Sue Price brought Michael up and took him home, so I got an added bonus by getting to visit with them as well.
  • Second, Emily has completed her first AP exam, French Language, and now is preparing for US History on Friday. She is very studious and I believe she will do well.
  • Third, the Doctors have been able to get the ammonia levels back down to NORMAL RANGES!!! Praise the Lord.

It appears that I am going to be in the hospital at least till Friday due to:

  • Other liver enzymes that are still way above normal but coming down,
  • A pain in my left wrist that is so painful I can't even use my left hand unless I am heavily medicated with pain killers - they have taken X-rays, CAT scans, MRI's and are still trying to figure out why - I now must wear a brace and put ice on it daily,
  • My blood pressure is very low (as of today only),
  • And to top it all off, they think I have an infection again as I struck a fever today that is above their acceptable level for me to go home.

If I can get well enough, I believe that they may allow me to go home by Friday. I hope to be home for Mother's Day. I have asked my children to plant flowers in my front flower beds as their gift. I love to have beautiful flowers in my yard.

All you prayer warriors out there, we still need prayer in the following areas:

  • Praise for all of the answered prayers - the ones listed above and many that I may forget to mention.
  • Praise for the fact that God has given me the strength to continue to fight mentally and physically - if I had to suffer through this alone, without God, I would have lost a long time ago.
  • Pray that my bone marrow will start to grow it's own cells and that when they do come back to full scale production, there is no sign of cancer...any where.
  • Pray that I may stay out of the hospital for the rest of the year at least, I need a break, my family needs a break and so do all of you who continue to stand by me.
  • Pray that I will not run out of insurance coverage before I am healed.
    • I am very lucky, the insurance we have has been good, but I am approaching the maximum life time limit of $1,000,000 faster than I thought I would. At the beginning of 2007 I was just slightly over the half way mark. Now less than six months later, I am at the 75% mark ($756,000 of my life time maximum used up) - in other words the insurance has covered over $250,000 in five months and I have seven months of this year left to go.

  • Pray for Gene as he works to find some one skilled enough and that we can afford (not covered by insurance) to help me at home with my needs during the day, while he is at work. The people at the hospital are working with him to find someone.

If any of you want to come visit me or call me before I get out, I would be very happy to see and/or talk with you. My room number in the University of Wisconsin - Madison Hospital is B6/### and my telephone number is (608) ###-####.

May Gods Bless each and everyone of you

Love in Christ

Cheryl

No comments: