Thursday, May 3, 2007

2 May 2007

To All,

I didn't realize how long it has been since I last updated you on what is going on in me and my family's life the past two weeks.

Well, where to start.....Oh yes, last time I asked you all to pray for me regarding a pending six month bone marrow biopsy. I know many of you who were praying for me and others that I don't know, that were also praying for me. God heard all of your prayers, drum roll please, the preliminary results of the bone marrow biopsy failed to show any cancer cells, Praise the Lord!!!!!

The Doctors are not counting this as the cancer being in remission, because, unfortunately, they also saw very few of my cells, specifically White & Red blood cells and/or Platelets. In order to claim the cancer is in remission, my body must produce more / most of it's own cells.

In addition to the above prayers and praises, many of you asked how you could help in a tangible way, so last update I suggested a few ways. God took this to all of you and boy have we been overwhelmed, even to tears, from the generosity and sacrifice many of you have made and are currently making to help me and my family.

I have seen such blessings these past two weeks that I would defy anyone to say there is no God. We now have many ready to heat and eat meals in our freezer, gas cards, pictures with praises and lovely cards and letters. In addition e-mails from many of you offering to help with our yard work and house cleaning. This from our church, Gene's work, his Guard Unit and our family. I am in such awe, I don't even know how to begin to say thank you.

Also, several ladies of the church were banding together, taking training from Gene on how to take care of me 24 hours a day, so that Gene could go to a week of his Army National Guard Training, beginning 01 May lasting through Sunday. What a time it was sharing and praying personally with all of them.

As I have learned to expect, God often has different plans than the ones we think we must do. On Tuesday, 01 May, Gene got me ready to go to clinic, taken there by wonderful ladies from the Church. When Gene woke me up at 6 AM to get ready, I was sluggish and to my distress, I could not speak clearly, all my speech was slurred and I could only mumble. Being the warrior that I am, I didn't let the weakness and lack of speaking clearly stop me from leaving with the ladies and allowing Gene to take off.

However, once I got to the clinic, I found I couldn't even walk in under my own power. The nurses on duty, once looking me over, got right on the phone and called Gene, before he left for the Guards. Long story short, the Doctor came in and said I had to go back in the hospital ASAP. Yes you heard me right, I am back in the hospital, I was out a whole glorious two weeks at home with my family.

Once she talked to Gene, he dropped everything and came right up. At the present time, I am still weak, but my speech and mind have cleared up considerably. After several vials of blood, a spinal tap among other tests, they have arrived at a preliminary diagnosis of the current issue at hand. They say that I have Encephalopathy - caused where my body has to high a level of ammonia. They told me that this is in part what has contributed to my weakness and in ability to speak clearly. What they don't know is why my metabolism became this way. There are several possibilities.

Please pray:

  • Praise for the biopsy results and continue to pray for new cell growth.
    Praise for the generosity of all you wonderful people - may God bless you and your family.
  • Pray for the doctors to understand exactly what has caused my current condition and that they will be able to get me back on my feet.
  • Pray that I will continue to remain strong in my faith always seeking the true will of God.
  • Pray that my children will continue to trust and obey in God, because of and in spite of what is happening to my body.


Again thank you to all of you.

Love in Christ

Cheryl

1 comment:

Ron Carlsen said...

Dear Cheryl,We are very sorry to
hear of your latest setbacks,we
pray that things turn a positive direction very soon. Know that we are pulling for you here.Take care
and hang in there!
Sincerely,Ron and Pat