Wednesday, February 22, 2006

22 Feb 2006

Dear All,

We are looking out on the beautiful sunshine, shining on the snow and ice covered lake Mendota, of course I thinks it is beautiful as I don't have to be outside.

It looks like Saturday, 25 Feb, will be the target date for me to return home. Several things need to happen prior to my going home:

1. Taking all of my medications orally not via IV
2. Eating better (nausea and throat sores play factors in all of this)
3. I also must avoid fevers

There was other criteria, but through Gods blessing I have crossed those thresholds.

We are all anxious to be home together again.

Gene, the kids and some of the ladies from church are working to get the house prepared for my return. Gene is getting all the carpets and rugs professionally cleaned on Thursday. Emily and a couple of the ladies from Church are going to clean the house from top to bottom on Friday. Saturday, my chariot arrives to take me home.

They tell me I must be very careful for approx. 3 - 6 months as I will continue with the medication to completely suppress my immune system. I will enjoy having many of you over to the house to visit me, but please call first and make sure all is going as expected prior to coming.

I can't wait to get home.

Cheryl

No comments: